Sep 10, 2006

a week with Oma :)

from pickin' her up just after midnight on the 1st through to this morning it was busy times during Oma's stay!

after a day of relaxin' and bonding time for her and Sasha we had a joint family gathering (you guessed it-a backyard BBQ!) where most of the Whittam clan were able to come out...but the best part was having my cousins and aunt here to unite a large portion of my family for the first time in a long while! (pic below)

then throughout the week we went to Granville Island, walked the seawall at Stanley park, walked to the Drive and back(where I finally got to go for my massage given to me at the baby shower...and yes...it was fabulous! thank you ladies!!) , exploring neighbourhoods, lunch with Mark near Carnegie and a tour of Chinatown and Strathcona gardens. all of these were firsts for Sasha so really nice for my mom to be a part of them. another first she shared was the first attempt with the rice cereal, which she ate a few small spoonfuls of with little mess. (below is a picture from her meal of yummy organic squash the next night)

as always, visits with loved ones pass too quickly! we hung out a lot, made jam and mostly just reveled in having Sasha united with her Oma...not to mention how great it was to have her company for the long walks which I love! :)

i'm lookin' forward to uniting them again next year when we visit my mom, and all my other loved ones, back in Ontario. for now we'll reflect a while on a really special visit...thanks for comin' out mom - we love you!

below are some of my favorite pics of Sasha in the past couple of weeks:
- Sasha and Oma: at the airport; feeding time; snuggling on the deck; in the park; changing and bath time; with me, Mark, Che and Karma cat
- in mid-rollover...and finished on tummy unsticking her arm; with her feet in the air; smelling flowers in Strathcona garden; hangin' out; in one of her new hats; dancing with daddy; at Carnegie library; and with me showing off her amazing smile!

No comments: