Oct 29, 2007

almost there...

news to share - Mark has been adjusting to life back at work at Carnegie for just over a week now.... a lot more schedule juggling going on, especially around my varied hours. since the job share seems to be taking its time coming together, i'm gonna let it take even more time now and wait 'til december so I'll have lots of time to work on getting things ready for our move at novembers end...

that's right - the biggest news is that we are sooooooooo close to the end of the biggest challenge for us this year - a new home is on the horizon!! yay!!!!!!!!! yep...we got in to the Northern Way co-op - very good news indeed :)

I'm truly happy and looking forward to settling in there...however i'm experiencing high anxiety because we will be between homes anywhere from 1-3 days or 1-3 weeks...perhaps 'til the new year...this uncertainty is driving me nuts - even though i'm trying soooooooo hard not to let it. half my lifetime ago (can't believe 17 years old seems so long ago) i had a short period between homes when I actually slept in my car for a week. (at least i had my car!!) so now being between homes with my family is freakin' me out even though I know we are welcome in the homes of family & friends.

i'm thankful we are not truly homeless...like so many other folks in genuine distress. the rational side of my brain says "take a chill pill" knowing it is all gonna be fine and our family will be newly settled within a couple of months. the rational side of me reminds myself that i really have nothing to feel anxious about - our straights are not dire...just a bit murky.

but 3 months of instability with family, home and work - months of fustration over the strike... has my over emotional side taking the lead on my thoughts...(that and hormones raging - lol) so it feels like no matter how much i meditate on everything I am full of gratitude for...even though i hear from my rational side every day "suck it up - you're fine!"...well...despite my best efforts i'm burning out of positive energy.

after a meltdown last weekend (the straw that broke the back was a communication breakdown with someone in accounting which had me worried we'd have no pay for 3 weeks - financial stress to add to it all!!!!) i'm stuck in a state of melancholy and am overwhelmed with the waves of emotion lately. i feel like a martyr whining about this period of instability when the reality is my life is pretty fantastic on the whole. but i've never dealt well with limbo and i'm desperate for just one piece of my life to be out of it completely again. primarily the home...the crab within me wants relaxing comfort of home again!

"ahhhh...young Kathy-son...remember to breathe..." yes. breathe more...think less. ;)

once again I bring my focus back to the one little being who always helps me feel good - Sasha. Now at 18 months here are the latest stats on her growth: she's still in the 97th percentile in her weight and height at 29 lb 10 oz (I was SURE she was over 30 lbs - teehee) 33.9 inches tall - she's almost waist high on me now!! in great health and at or above all the 'normal' development stages. and no more needles 'til she starts school...she was not happy with pokes and prods today!

visits with friends in the weeks to come and the fun of halloween will give me a new boost i'm sure...especially with Sasha dressed as an adorable turtle (Penny has the nack for finding the cutest costumes!)
look forward to pics of Sasha the turtle in the next update :)



1 comment:

Gillian said...

Hey there, we dreally, really need a play date. Let's set something up.