Dec 13, 2007

move in any time...

just a quick note for those of you who look for updates often:

last night we found out we can move into our suite anytime...and today we got the keys to our new home!!! yay!! yippee!! hip hip hooray!!!

here's Sasha spinning around on the new laminant flooring in our suite. (new flooring adn carpeting throughout - sweet!) we went to pick up our keys, do some measurements, and get another look at the place we will soon call home...and she ran herself ragged up and down the stairs yelling all over the place to check out the really neat acoustics only found in a vacant apartment. cute for the first 1/2 hour - lol

as irritating as her frantic energy became after an hour or so, I was more relieved at her happiness (she really seemed to love the place! can't wait to see what she thinks of having her own room) after she and I had a very dramatic 20 minutes on route to the co-op...
as I was leaving Mums I noticed the door ajar signal on. so I got out to see which door was ajar...and then my door closed...and then I found out all the doors were locked - with Sasha still in the car!!!!

I had a hard time not completely freaking out as I realized it wouldn't benefit either of us (and she was clearly upset enough for both of us)...but I was internally going insane at my baby being locked in and I had no idea what to do at first.

Luck was on our side though as a neighbour just happened to be pulling into their drive as I was coming to my horrific conclusion...and when I asked for help she came through like an ace! She set me up with her cordless phone and the phone # for BCAA (for which I knew Penny had a membership...practical!) After an excruciating time on hold I relayed the situation and was told a truck was on its way - I believe baby trapped in car gets you pretty high up on the list pronto!

the driver came within about 10 minutes...almost the longest waiting time in my life. the whole ordeal only about 20 minutes...but holy moly...took much longer for my heart to calm. the driver thought it was pretty funny when I declared "I've never been so happy to get into a car in my life!!"

aside from that drama everything else still feels surreal...the limbo period is almost over...and we actually will be moving this weekend!!! saturday to be precise. yay!

got our movers lined up...crossing things off the to-do list.

the suite is better than I remembered (more spacious in some areas, not so spacious in others...funny how the memory shifts perception over the weeks. it was also hard to visualize without all of the other tenants stuff) and I am now feeling confident about our settling in there just fine :)

next post will have great adventure tales from the move into northern way...next few days are all about work and moving. I was jumping for joy today at being happy in a way I haven't been happy in many months...I'm gonna go do some more jumping now ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
so happy you will be settled in your new home. Hope the move went well.
much love,
g