Dec 8, 2007

a home between homes

here is Sasha lavishing in waffle goodness...we've been spoiled the first few days here at Mums I'll say :)

so here's the story on our move...

we were supposed to be out of the house on the 30th. well...I was just a wee bit over optimistic on how much Mark & I could manage alone in two days with a pick up. (unrealistic is what Penny calls it. teehee)

the pick up we used had a canopy so it limited how much we could pile into it. so 2 things I underestimated was space in the vehicle, and the other how long it would take.

On friday the weather was fabulous and we had help from one of mums friends who squeezed in a trip for us and came with her truck to take our queen bed.

on saturday Murphy tested us a bit with the first major snow of the year which slowed things down - but gratefull wasn't a downpour of rain (count the blessings!) we were also totally lucky to have my wonderful friend Susan come to our rescue with her minivan (amazingly spacious!) to help us with the last few loads.

and after everything was in storage we did our final clean up of the place...and were finally done and out about 11:30pm on Saturday!! a full day behind schedule...and totally exhausted.

really dropped the ball on organizing the move out. so now we want to organize the move in to the new place at the Northern Way Co-op...but we STILL don't know when that will be!!!

we spent a couple of nights at Thomas & Kristina's (our friends who live in the same co-op) while they played in disneyland. there we got to get a feel for the new area and we both got in a walk to/from work (under 1/2 for Mark, just over 1/2 hour for me - wicked!!) but I'll admit to being jealous cuz their suite is much nicer then the one we're moving into. we also got to see the painters there working on our suite...so we know the work has begun which means the end point is near...the suite (#404) will be our home soon enough!

I have started my list of things I'm eager to do in our new 'hood. The Drive has been my destination walking point for the past few years. Now there are so many great places to walk to I can't wait! and all the many hills of the mount pleasant neighbourhood will be good exercise for me and Sasha ;)

in the meantime we hang out here in North Van at Mums house. she's gone to visit Karli so it feels funny to play house here while she's away (and we miss being pampered - lol) I'm trying to think of it as a mini vacation...but still having to deal with day-to-day life (with a bit of a commute from the north shore we're not used to) makes it hard to relax like we really are on vacation.

the only anxiety I have left is the inability to feel settled in my home with my family. not having access to that stuff in our 10x15 storage space is quite nerve racking. I'd like to think I'm not really attached to the stuff...it's more the space the stuff fills that I'm longing for. soon kathy...soon.

a bonus on the storage front - it seems our wager on the Public Storage facility payed off as we only had to pay about $85 all together including another week we've added just in case we don't get in before the 17th. sweet deal if you ask me...we're very happy with their service!

the other positive since the last post is that I finally know when the job share will start - Jan 22. So I'll have my regular friday shift at the pool and two days a week in the info centre sharing the job. Very very nice! a huge relief...and now I can finally schedule around our child care needs and everything else! excellent!

january is going to be full of newness...new job (kinda...the work I'm sharing is new as I don't do it as an auxilary) and new home...new community to explore. and today we went and got new bedding for all of us for our new bedrooms (and a bed for Sasha for her 1st room of her own) as an early house warming gift to our family.

here's a couple of more pics of Sasha keeping us entertained as we did the last of our packing up...and we're thankful to Granma for taking care of Sasha while we worked to get ourselves out of there! a bounty of gratitude to Penny, Susan and Darryl for their help in moving us out of 36th...really couldn't have done it without them (or maybe we could but it would have been really really awful!) their positive energy was much needed and their help so much appreciated!

don't know how much longer the limbo will go on...but I'll keep you posted :)



No comments: