Jun 24, 2006

freedom!! :)


Doesn't she look like an angel here?! The first picture I've taken that I feel really needs to be framed and hung up :)

This was taken while still in the hospital, from which we were set free yesterday. Happy to get out a day early too!

So we have follow-up tests and appointments to keep us busy over the next couple of months but she is doing amazing and we are sooo happy to be home.

Our last day included a visit from Aunty Diane who is breezing through town for a wedding this weekend! It was lovely to go for lunch in the park with my friend while Mark stayed with Sasha...making the last day that much greater! :)

Right after we arrived home we headed to Ches' school for the Family BBQ event which was a big hit this year again! I had thought I was going to miss it, and still didn't end up volunteering...but Mark was lending his energy to the grill so I just strolled around with Sasha and enjoyed the chaos of fun :)

Now it's time to clean house and get things in order again. Our hospital adventure started just as I was finally getting myself organized...so I'm starting over on my plan of things to do. High on the priority list is just to ensure that we enjoy the day - every day! Whether that is relaxing at home or going out and about I'll be playing by ear. Only solid plans we have (other than appointments) is a weekend at Vancouver Folk Fest, a camping trip (at least one!), a visit to our friends in Castlegar, strawberry pickin', farmer's market and next weekend I'm so excited that my best friend from Ontario is coming for a visit over the long weekend...and I'm having my annual backyard BBQ party for my bday...so a lot to look forward to actually :)

Though Sasha is smiling much more these days, it is rarely when I happen to have the camera ready for the photo-op...I remain determined to get one soon! Below are some of my fave pics from the past couple of weeks: Mark, Sasha & Kathy ready to leave the hospital; a visit from Diane; Sasha in her stroller...I LOVE this pic!; back at home with her brother, Granma, and napping on the couch; Sasha pics and some family moments from our stay in the hospital; another for the 'is that comfy?' category of sleeping positions and a couple from the weekend before when we had a picnic in the park...the tye-dye is one of my favorite outfits passed on to her :)

No comments: