Jun 2, 2006

is it june?...already?!


The month of May has been a blur in retrospect. When I realized yesterday was June 1st I was shocked! When people told me time with a baby passes quickly, they weren't kidding. But, like with most things in life, you just gotta experience it to understand it.

Happy to say she has shared her first official smile with me...her face totally lit up & I knew it was a genuine happy face...not just one of those 'I've just passed gas' smirks. teehee.
Once I'm able to capture a pic of this beautiful new expression of hers I will be sure to post it.

She is now 9 lbs 5 oz and still growing. We've just increased her food intake again! Going up 20 mL about every few days. When she has just finished feeding Mark likes to say she gets a bit 'jabba' faced, but other than that she is certainly not getting chubby with her large appetite.

After 5 weeks I feel like coming up for air and reconnecting with everyone now. The past few weeks I've been pretty tired overall, but my energy is really starting to come back to me. Our inbox is overwhelmingly full of emails I need to reply to (gotta start with at least a few a day!), and there are just so many people I want to talk to. I hope you'll hear from me soon!

Next week I will go to my 3rd meeting since Sasha's birth (the Charter for Public Education Network AGM. The last two I attended were for Kensington community centre) and I hope to start 'doing lunch' more often with friends. Last week I walked to Britannia for a visit and then lunch with a friend and it was a great day. Long walks are nice, and with Sasha getting onto more of a predictable schedule, I'm also ready to start socializing more often again!

I know the next few months will also pass in a blur with so much to do, so many 'firsts' for Sasha and what looks like a hot summer to enjoy! :)

No comments: