Nov 18, 2007

faith in murphy

Sasha has this totally hilarious face and sound that she makes when she's excited...here's the face - LOL! She's excited 'cuz she's on a chair and writing with a pen - two of her favorite things. I think she's also impressed with her fine penmanship ;)



well, despite the melancholy and emotional overload expressed in the past few posts, there continues to be a great balance of positive energy in our life too. Some days it feels like a lot of work to maintain the happy-go-lucky self. Some days I just can't do it...and these are the days I curse my dysfunctional pituitary gland for making me so hormonally unbalanced...and I remember to breathe through to the next day.

A few folks have been worried about me as they tune in to my stories of frustration and anxiety over the past 5 months. I'm thankful for the concern and the emotional support...that love, being spoiled by Penny (above and beyond the call of duty as super granny these days!!) and the many random acts of kindness I keep encountering have helped me feel a turnaround in energy - much gratitude :)

Also want to remind myself and everyone else that by the new year we'll be settled and I'm close enough to that point now that the limbo is not feeling so overwhelming anymore to my mind. whew!

After developing an action plan around our upcoming move out - storage needs, car/truck bookings, child minding, etc- and actually taking first steps on this 'to do' list...my energy is definitely back up up up! just needed to have some control over things in our life again...the planner in me is satisfied once again. and it's verra verra nice to have all the boxes that we packed already outta here. (they had just become new walls which prompted Che to rename our office the 'box office' -teehee) now we have room to pack even more boxes - super! whew!

Now we are leaving something in fate's hands...the cost of our storage. we decided to rent storage space now and start taking loads as we can over the next two weeks and then hope to need it only a month...but it might be longer. Having narrowed our storage options it boiled down to company A which would charge 1 month with another month free, or a company B which charged $1 (plus another $34 in admin fees, etc) for the first month and a bit more than company A for the 2nd month.

With all of Murphy's strikes against us this year we decided he owes us one and that the stars will align for us to be in the co-op by Dec 17th...and therefore saving us more than a couple of hundred dollars in storage fees! Quite the wager and might cost us...but I'm feeling a definite shift in odds against us...feeling a little faith in Murphy and that it's all gonna be real good real soon :)
a wonderful date night on Saturday - had dinner at Harambe on the Drive...great experience and great Ethiopian food! - and then a party to celebrate the bdays of Tanya and some of her fellow scorpions at a 20's theme party and we had an amazing time with a great new group of people! tons of fun and everyone who dressed up looked awesome!

working on the doc with Tanya and some other fascinating stuff going on in my public education advocacy is giving me focus into the next year and beyond which also keeps my passion going...lots to look forward to and lots of work I'm loving!

speaking of work...I have found out the job share paperwork all had to be done over again so we'll likely have the green light for it by january. I give a big sigh of relief - whew! - to finally have an answer to the when on that big question! yay! and I'm happy to not have too many shifts over the next month or so to have the time needed to get our home in order.

2 more weeks of good times to be had here amongst the chaos...

today we played with Gilly and Merlin again! yeepa!!! been way too long and Sasha and I are happy to be back on track with playdates with friends...sooooooooooooooooooo happy! :)

The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum. ~Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life, 1923

No comments: